Monday, January 31, 2011

Today we were suppose to have our last interview with Buckner but the person doing our home study was having car problems so it has been rescheduled for next Monday.  This is no big deal and kind of a relief since this week is going to be busy for us.

So, last Friday I spent the day looking at every baby store I could think of trying to figure out what are must needs and what are would like to haves.  Buck and I also spent that night looking at bedding for both boys and girls.  It can get a little overwhelming looking at crib bedding and toddler bedding for both boys and girls but  mostly it was fun.  My grandparents are coming this weekend and are wanting to go shopping with us and then I am hoping my mom will be here at the end of February to do some more shopping.    Buck's mom has also graciously said she will come help us paint one weekend.  Yay! :)

Though Buck and I were thinking that we were going to have elementary age children placed in our home the change to now open our home to even younger ones has been fun, exciting and is a gentle reminder of how God works.  After several months of being unable to find a job and feeling a little defeated  to then finding out that Buckner has a need for stay at home foster moms for non school age children it all made sense.  I know that sometimes it's hard to understand what God wants from you or what move you are suppose to take next but we are grateful that we understand this step in our lives and we look forwrd to the journey and adventures it will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment