Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Be the One

Last Friday night I attended a concert with friends.  I love music and I love worshiping with music.  Christian music is not usually my first choice to listen to in the car ( I am more of a motown girl).  However, I recently fallen in love with Natalie Grant and her music.  Her music is soulful, full of truth and Friday when she was signing it was like her and I were having a conversation.  She spoke to parts of my heart many don't know, the struggles I wrestle with, and the dreams I dream.  How does she do that?

There was one song though that I just can't shake.  The words, the truth, it hit me hard and I am still processing what this means and looks like for not only me but my for my family as well.  Her song Be One….

We don't feel ready
We don't feel steady
Question what we really have to give
Stay where it's safer
Claim faith, but waiver
Is this how we really meant to live?

We pray but never move
We say but never do

It's time to get our hands dirty
Be love there's a whole lot of hurting
Calling all hearts
Calling all hands
Calling all feet to take a stand
Why sit around and wait for a miracle to come
We can be the one
We can be the one

Oh my!! She sang and pictures of faces, of people I know who are struggling, of foster families who need encouragement, of kids who need to know they are loved, of my own struggles flashed in my mind.  Then in that still small voice as God often speaks (I wish He was louder at times) Be the one, Stephanie…..you can be the one!

Here's the deal.  There is a lot going on in the world now.  Lots to argue, lots to debate and lots to divide.  I wonder though is the argument worth it?  Is the blasting on Facebook what others should believe worth it?  We are praying for change but look to your left and your right, what does your neighborhood look like, what does your group of friends look like, what are you talking/complaining about but not doing anything to help change?  Are you more concerned about what others say and do than if they know there is a God who loves them, who created them and who died so they can feel an unnatural love, so they can belong to a family, so their eternity is not spent in separation from the King of the World?

These days seem so crazy to me.  I can't turn on the tv, social media or even go the grocery store with out everyone having an opinion.  All I can think is if we cared enough about the souls of the others as we do if we kneel or stand during the anthem, maybe just maybe the rest will fall into place.

Buck and I have been working on a devotional specific for foster families.  It's been an emotional journey to say the least to relive some of our hards times, to wrestle with God again about decisions made but to also be reminded God is in the people business.  He is still in the miracle business.  You can either choose  to show others His love or you can sit back and safely give your opinions with out being the miracle you are praying for God to give.

I pray for me, and my family and my friends that we will choose to get our hands dirty and be the one, mourn with those who mourn (Romans 12:15) and to know that if we speak to men but don't have love we are like a noisy gong (I Corinthians 13:1).

Join me (and keep me accountable), together lets 'be the one"

To listen the whole song, Be the One click here

No comments:

Post a Comment