Thursday, September 4, 2014

Summer's over

Can it really be September?  I feel like I woke up and my summer was gone.  And what a summer we had. To give you a recap (a quick one I promise) it went something like this....

In May we adopted James as seen in our last post.  One week later, yep that's right a week later we find out that I am pregnant.  We then leave for Pennsylvania to visit Buck's dad.  Several trips to and from  Longview to visit friends and family, swimming lessons, Niki's birthday, a niece being born, Camp Buckner,  sending off some of my favorite people to college  and that brings us to now.

September brings changes for our family.  But to tell you the truth we are always going through changes!  Buck has began a new job at Sunnyvale ISD. We were both sad to leave Mesquite ISD (Poteet specifically) but this has been a great move for him.  He loves his job and the people have been so encouraging and love on our family.  I am still getting use to having to wear blue and yellow instead of green but I am sure it will come natural soon.

Also with new baby Baskin on his/her way in February we have decided to take a break from foster care placements for a while.  We are staying on as a respite family so we can help out when needed.  And though I miss having  placements in our home, it has been a nice time to settle in as a family of four and prepare for the newest forever member of our family to arrive.

With all the new and change in our lives it has had me thinking about what changes do I need to make in myself to make me a better wife, mom, friend, etc.  I am always thankful that we have the opportunity to change and grow.  As we enter (soon) fall it reminds me of getting rid of the things that might need go and make room for the new.  So I challenge you to join the Baskin's in making the changes and being ready for new whether that means letting go of bad relationships, changing jobs, or finding a place where you can serve ( I suggest serving at Buckner but there are many things you can do). I will leave you with this, some lyrics from a song I use to sing as a kid but the words make more sense to me now than then.


He's still working on me
To make me what I need to be
It took him just a week to make the moon and stars
The sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars
How loving and patient He must be
'Cause He's still workin' on me

There really ought to be a sign upon my heart
Don't judge him yet, there's an unfinished part
But I'll be better just according to His plan
Fashioned by the Master's loving hands

He's still working on me
To make me what I need to be
It took him just a week to make the moon and stars
The sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars
How loving and patient He must be
'Cause He's still workin' on me

In the mirror of His word
Reflections that I see
Makes me wonder why He never gave up on me
But He loves me as I am and helps me when I pray
Remember He's the potter, I'm the clay

No comments:

Post a Comment