Thursday, April 5, 2012

Here we go again

As many of you may know by now quite a bit of change has happened in our lives over the past few weeks.  First being that our sweet David and Daisy went home.  Their mom did everything she was suppose to do and we are so proud of her.  I cannot tell you though just how hard it is to not have them here in our home.  I miss their laughs and even their fits.  I miss getting to squeeze them and tell them how much I love them.  However I do know that God has restored a family and that they are trusting Him to continue the healing process for them.  And we are happy for them!

The next few days were so strange around the house and Buck and I just didn't know what to do, how to react.   I was sad and lonely, I was going a little crazy :)  But I rested in the fact that we serve a big God who knows the big picture.

Two weeks after our sweet babies got reunited with their mom and brothers Buckner called and asked if were ready for another placement.  Ready for another baby in the home I said yes!  They placed with us a 5 year old boy and a 3 year old little girl.  I cannot go into details but the case is so messy and the emotions these little ones are feeling are HUGE!  To be honest the first week was rough on all of us.  Getting use to each other, trying to reassure them they are safe here and that it's not their fault they have to live with us.  There were lots of tears on both ends!  I went to bed at 9 every night so worn out.

I am happy to tell you though now after two weeks that though we are still learning each other that we are having fun.  I still miss David and Daisy and I miss that unconditional love that a baby gives you because they know no better.  But God has given us the most girly little girl who loves to sing, twirl in dresses, dress up and be all things pretty!  She has even convinced me to wear a dress just for fun once or twice.  :)  Also we have a boy who is full of energy and knows what he wants and how to voice it.   Both of who are aching for love and acceptance.

So here we go again....what a sweet (emotional) journey we have embarked on.

No comments:

Post a Comment